Interlaken is a scalable chip-to-chip protocol, which ensures the integrity of reliable data transfer and managing data flows to prevent data overload. The Interlaken IP core is a highly optimized silicon and PHY agnostic implementation of the Interlaken Protocol version 1.2 targeting both ASICs and FPGAs. Our Interlaken controller supports up to 2.6 Tbps high-bandwidth performance and comes with an integrated Media Access layer.
The Interlaken Controller can be widely used in chip-to-chip transfers, it has an extensive feature-set available and allows scalability in number of logic channels (up to 2048), lanes (up to 48) and lane speed (up to 56 Gbps). The IP core is heavily tested in SystemVerilog random regression environment.
Learn more by reading our blog post, read our whitepaper or watch our webinar on the Interlaken IP.
- MAC layer with fast AMBA CXS interface
- PCS layer highly configurable with up to 48 lanes
- Multi-lane configurations, up to 48 lanes
- 64b67b encoding/decoding supported
- Supports up to 2048 logic channels
- Programmable Meta Frame lengths
- Programmable Interlaken Bursts: Short from 32 and Max up to 1024 Bytes
- Flow control support
- Mode of operation: Packet mode and Interleave mode supported
- Interlaken Dual Calendar (optional)
- Look-Aside (optional)
- FEC support (optional)
Easy to use
- Solid documentation including integration guide
- Easy to use RTL test environment
- No special software required
- Strong engineering support for bring-up
- SystemVerilog random regression tested
- Lint/CDC checked
- Targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual, Release Note and Quick Start Guide.
- Simulation Environment, including Simple Testbed, Test case, Test Script.
- Programming Register Specification.
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Test Report (optional)
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional)
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional)
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Predictions and expectations of the upcoming JESD204D standard
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - May 2, 2023.JESD204 Standard which was first introduced in 2006 is one of the key standardized serial interface between data converters (ADCs and DACs) and logic devices (FPGAs or ASICs) and has come a long way since its introduction, evolving with multiple iterations from JESD204B to JESD204C. The latest iteration of this standard the JESD204D is expected to release in Q4 2023 and if you are curious about the latest developments expected in the JESD204 standard, then...
JESD204D Webinar: Expert insights into what we Expect and how to Prepare for the upcoming Standard
Join our upcoming webinar on JESD204 and get insights into what we predict the upcoming JESD204D standard will contain, based our experience working with JESD204. Our expert speaker, Piotr Koziuk, has over a decade of experience with JESD204 standards and is a member of the JEDEC Standardization Committee. He will share his prediction of what could be the features of the JESD204D and explain potentially how the new architecture will improve the Bit Error Rate (BER) through Reed Solomon Forward...
What is interlaken?
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Oct 31, 2022. Interlaken provides a standardized serial interface that is agnostic of underlying SerDes implementations. It ensures reliable transfer of data over a configurable number of physical connections and can be configured to support multiple lane configurations. The Interlaken protocol provides mechanisms to ensure the integrity of data transfer as well as manage data flows to ensure that the chip is not overloaded. These mechanisms effectively increase the...