Ethernet TSN MAC 10M/100M/1G/2.5G
Comcores TSN MAC 10M/100M/1G/2.5G provides a complete IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Layer 2 solution with support for key TSN features including 802.1Qbu Preemption, 802.3br Interspersing Express Traffic, and optionally 802.1AS Timing and Synchronization and 802.1Qbv Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic.
The TSN MAC enables deterministic low latency and guaranteed jitter for time sensitive applications. The TSN MAC allows flexibility in selecting a subset of standards depending on your application from industrial to automotive.
The feature rich MAC core is a low latency cut-through implementation, while keeping size at a minimum. The core is fully configurable and can optionally include IEEE 1588 Timestamping Unit (TSU). The Ethernet MAC Core has a standard GMII interface on the PHY side, with MII and RGMII being optional.
- Designed to IEEE 802.3-2018 specification
- Supports key features like 802.1 Qbu
- Qbv and AS extensions are available
- Low latency and compact implementation
- Full duplex Ethernet interfaces
- TSN features can be enabled/disabled independently
- Cut-through support
- FCS generation supported
- Supports Link verification
- Jumbo frames
- Independent TX and RX Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) frame length
- Optionally comprehensive statistics gathering
- Easy integration with standard AXI4 lite or APB
- Designed in SystemVerilog and targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Simulation Environment, including Simple Testbed, Test case, Test Script.
- Programming Register Specification.
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional)
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional)
Items available for purchase
- IEEE 802.1Qbv (Enhancements for scheduled traffic)
- IEEE 802.1CB (Frame Replication and Elimination for Reliability)
- IEEE 802.1AS (Timing and Synchronization)
- IEEE 1588 (Precision Time Protocol, PTP)
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Comcores TSN technology and 5G communication expertise to be deployed in a significant EU funded project with pan-European partners
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Jan 20, 2023. The OCTAPUS initiative is an EU funded project, which started in September 2022 and is funded until February 2026. OCTAPUS stands for “Optical Circuit switched Time-Sensitive Network (TSN) architecture for highspeed Passive optical networks and next generation Ultra-dynamic & reconfigurable central office environments”, and the goal is to deliver an agile, low-cost and energy efficient Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology framework. OCTAPUS was...
O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec
WHITEPAPER - O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec With 5G being deployed for time-sensitive applications, security is becoming an important consideration. At the same time, Open Radio Access Networks (RAN) are gaining more interest from mobile carriers and governments. Yet, Open RAN networks have serious security challenges, especially in the RAN fronthaul where there are strict timing requirements. This paper proposes MACsec as an efficient data link layer security solution that can assist...
MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications
WHITEPAPER - MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications Why MACsec is a compelling security solution for Deterministic Ethernet networks and how Packaged Intellectual Property solutions can accelerate time-to-market for chip developers. Security has long been a top priority in communications networks. However, networks that support time-sensitive applications face challenges in implementing adequate security mechanisms that also meet latency and jitter requirements. This includes networks...