Ethernet MAC 10G/25G
Comcores Ethernet MAC 10G/25G provides a complete IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Layer 2 solution. The MAC IP core performs the Link function of the 10G/25G Ethernet Standard and is a low latency cut-through implementation, while keeping size at a minimum.
The core is highly configurable and easy interfacing with Comcores IEEE 1588 Timestamping Unit (TSU) and 10G/25G PCS solutions.
The Ethernet MAC Core, on the Client side, implements a 64-bit AXI-S Client interface while having a standard 64-bit XGMII interface on the PHY side.
- Designed to IEEE 802.3-2018 specification
- Ultra low latency and compact implementation
- Full duplex Ethernet interfaces
- Deficit Idle Count for maximum data throughput supported
- FCS generation supported
- Optional statistics gathering
- Jumbo frames support
- Easy integration with standard AXI4-Lite control interface or APB
- Can be delivered with IEEE 1588 and/or PCS
- Can be delivered with statistics gathering or status vectors
- Designed in SystemVerilog and targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Simulation Environment, including Simple Testbed, Test case, Test Script.
- Programming Register Specification.
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional)
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional)
Please contact us to discuss your project requirements.
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
O-RAN Fronthaul Transport Security using MACsec
Daniel Dik - Sep 14, 2022. 5G provides a range of improvements compared to existing 4G LTE mobile networks in regards to capacity, speed, latency and security. One of the main improvements is in the 5G RAN; it is based on a virtualized architecture where functions can be centralized close to the 5G core for economy or distributed as close to the edge as possible for lower latency performance. The functional split options for the baseband station processing chain results in a separation between...
What is MACsec?
What is MACsec? Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Sep 08, 2022. Media Access Control Security (MACsec) is a layer2 security protocol standardized by the IEEE that operates on Ethernet frames. It uses AES GCM cryptography with 128-bit key and 256-bit key versions. MACsec is designed to provide authentication, confidentiality and integrity for data transported on point-to-point links in the enterprise Local Area Network (LAN) using the Advanced Encryption Standard with Galois/Counter Mode (AES-GCM) data...