Ethernet PCS 100G
Comcores PCS 100G IP core is a silicon agnostic implementation of the Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) described in the Ethernet standard IEEE 802.3-2018 and compliant with Clause 82 of IEEE 802.3ba and Clause 91 of IEEE 802.3bj specification.
The PCS IP core is part of a family of IP cores that are tightly integrated. The IP core has been optimized for size and offers a CGMII interface on one side and a 4 lane parallel interface at the PMA-side.
- Configurable for several operating modes and speeds
- Works with multiple SerDes widths
- Supports Ethernet speed of 100G
- Complete 100GBASE-R with RS-FEC solution
- Can be used in common 100G Ethernet PHY applications
Easy to Use
- Easy interfacing to standard MACs
- Several common control bus standards are supported
- Can be delivered with integrated MAC for plug and play
- Includes test pattern Generator/Checker
- Designed in SystemVerilog and targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Simulation Environment, including Simple Testbed, Test case, Test Script.
- Programming Register Specification.
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional)
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional)
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Comcores TSN technology and 5G communication expertise to be deployed in a significant EU funded project with pan-European partners
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Jan 20, 2023. The OCTAPUS initiative is an EU funded project, which started in September 2022 and is funded until February 2026. OCTAPUS stands for “Optical Circuit switched Time-Sensitive Network (TSN) architecture for highspeed Passive optical networks and next generation Ultra-dynamic & reconfigurable central office environments”, and the goal is to deliver an agile, low-cost and energy efficient Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology framework. OCTAPUS was...
O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec
WHITEPAPER - O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec With 5G being deployed for time-sensitive applications, security is becoming an important consideration. At the same time, Open Radio Access Networks (RAN) are gaining more interest from mobile carriers and governments. Yet, Open RAN networks have serious security challenges, especially in the RAN fronthaul where there are strict timing requirements. This paper proposes MACsec as an efficient data link layer security solution that can assist...
MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications
WHITEPAPER - MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications Why MACsec is a compelling security solution for Deterministic Ethernet networks and how Packaged Intellectual Property solutions can accelerate time-to-market for chip developers. Security has long been a top priority in communications networks. However, networks that support time-sensitive applications face challenges in implementing adequate security mechanisms that also meet latency and jitter requirements. This includes networks...