IEEE 1588 v2.1 PTP Solution
Timestamping Unit IP & Software Stack
- High synchronization accuracy down to 3 ns
- Supports PTP profiles defined in the standard (1588 default, default 802.1AS, etc.)
- Configurable for many operating modes
- Automatically calculates point-to-point latency
- Has programmable eMAC and PHY ingress and egress latency
- Supports GMII/XGMII interfaces
Easy to use
- Easy integration with MAC/PCS solutions
- Pre-integrated with Altera or Xilinx Ethernet MAC cores; services available for integrating with other 3rd party eMAC cores
- Complete reference designs for Altera and Xilinx, incl sample application software
- Platform independent software
- Designed in VHDL and targeting targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
Profiles Supported by the PTP IP
Default Delay Request-Response
Precision time protocol telecom profile for phase/time synchronization with full timing support from the network
Precision time protocol telecom profile for time/phase synchronization with partial timing support from the network
IEEE Std 802.1AS
IEEE Std 1588-2019
IEEE Std 1588-2019
IEEE Std 802.1AS-2020
Audio/Video, Industrial Automation, Automotive
Standards Development Organization
Learn more about PTP profiles for 5G wireless
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Programming Register Specification (optional).
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Software Application (optional).
- Synopsys Lint and CDC (optional)
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional)
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional)
Please contact us to discuss your project requirements.
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Niklas Meyer Mortensen Jan 04 2022 The IEEE 1588 PTP standards provide a wealth of options and the basis for highly reliable and accurate time synchronization solutions. However, the time synchronization needs of specific applications in different industries can vary quite significantly. These specific needs are defined in separate PTP profile standards, often in collaboration with other industry standards organizations. For 5G, both IEEE and ITU-T provide relevant profiles that can be used to...
Press Release Copenhagen, Denmark, September 6, 2021 - Comcores ApS, a fast-growing specialized supplier of Intellectual Property (IP) Cores, today announced the availability of a 100G Ethernet MAC IP including the Reconciliation Sublayer (RS), as well as a 100G PCS IP that includes RS-FEC and Base-R (SC)- FEC sublayers. Comcores Ethernet MAC 100G provides a complete IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Layer 2 solution. The MAC IP core performs the Link function of the 100G Ethernet Standard and is a low...
Press Release Copenhagen, Denmark, May 19, 2021 - Comcores ApS, a fast-growing specialized supplier of Intellectual Property (IP) Cores, today announced the availability of Ethernet Subsystem solution, a silicon agnostic and easy-to-use integration of 10G/25G Ethernet MAC and PCS for Time-Aware Applications. The Ethernet Subsystem comes in different variations and can be delivered integrated with TimeStamping Unit, IEEE 1588 PTP Software Stack and later also with OMA Controller. The richly...