IEEE 1588 v2.1 PTP Solution
Timestamping Unit IP & Software Stack
- High synchronization accuracy down to 3 ns
- Supports Slave, Master, Ordinary Clock, Boundary Clock and Transparent Clock
- Best Master Clock (BMC) selection algorithm
- Support for PTP on Layer 2 (Ethernet) and Layer 3 (IPv4) interfaces
- Up to 240 PTP domains supported
- Supports PTP profiles defined in the standard
- 1588 Default Profile
- 1588 Peer-to-Peer Profile
- IEEE 802.1AS
- ITU-T G-8275.1
- ITU-T G8275.2
- Configurable for many operating modes
- Automatically calculates point-to-point latency
- Has programmable eMAC and PHY ingress and egress latency
- Supports GMII/XGMII interfaces
Easy to use
- Easy integration with MAC/PCS solutions
- Pre-integrated with Altera or Xilinx Ethernet MAC cores; services available for integrating with other 3rd party eMAC cores
- Complete reference designs for Altera and Xilinx, incl sample application software
- Platform independent software
- Designed in VHDL and targeting targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Programming Register Specification (optional).
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Software Application (optional).
- Synopsys Lint and CDC (optional).
- Synopsys SGDC Files (optional).
- Synopsys Lint, CDC and Waivers (optional).
Profiles Supported by the PTP IP
Default Delay Request-Response
Precision time protocol telecom profile for phase/time synchronization with full timing support from the network
Precision time protocol telecom profile for time/phase synchronization with partial timing support from the network
IEEE Std 802.1AS
IEEE Std 1588-2019
IEEE Std 1588-2019
IEEE Std 802.1AS-2020
Audio/Video, Industrial Automation, Automotive
Standards Development Organization
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Feb 14, 2023. TSN, or Time-Sensitive Networking, is a technology based on the IEEE 802.1Q standard. It has evolved from the Ethernet technology currently used to carry all types of traffic, for which ethernet was not originally intended, such as multiple data flows with different timing requirements, commonly found in Audio Video Bridging (AVB), automotive and industrial automation applications. TSN sits in Layer 2 of the OSI Model (figure 1).Figure 1: Illustration of...
Comcores TSN technology and 5G communication expertise to be deployed in a significant EU funded project with pan-European partners
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Jan 20, 2023. The OCTAPUS initiative is an EU funded project, which started in September 2022 and is funded until February 2026. OCTAPUS stands for “Optical Circuit switched Time-Sensitive Network (TSN) architecture for highspeed Passive optical networks and next generation Ultra-dynamic & reconfigurable central office environments”, and the goal is to deliver an agile, low-cost and energy efficient Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology framework. OCTAPUS was...
WHITEPAPER - O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec With 5G being deployed for time-sensitive applications, security is becoming an important consideration. At the same time, Open Radio Access Networks (RAN) are gaining more interest from mobile carriers and governments. Yet, Open RAN networks have serious security challenges, especially in the RAN fronthaul where there are strict timing requirements. This paper proposes MACsec as an efficient data link layer security solution that can assist...