Ethernet and CPRI PCS 1G/2.5G/5G/10G/25G
Comcores offers a PCS IP core that can be used for both Ethernet and CPRI. Comcores PCS Ethernet and CPRI IP core is a silicon agnostic implementation of the Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) compliant with Ethernet standard IEEE 802.3-2015 and CPRI Specification V7.0. The IP-core supports 1G, 2.5G, 5G, 10G, and 25G Ethernet data rates as well as CPRI data rate option 1 (614.14M) to option 10 (24.33024G).
Comcores PCS Ethernet and CPRI IP core can be dynamically configured to enable either 8b10b or 64b66b encoding/decoding.
In order to ensure easy integration, build-in test capabilities are provided in the core. The IP core has been optimized for size and is a highly tested solution that will fast track any project.
- Supports GMII/XGMII/XLGMII interface
- Near end loop back test functionality implemented in core
- Signals can optionally be either 8b10b or 64b66b encoded/decoded
- Build-in test capabilities
- SerDes bus width is fully configurable from 10-66 bit
- BER test option included
- Designed in VHDL and targeting both ASICs and FPGAs
- Designed to IEEE Std. 802.3-2015 and CPRI Specification V7.0
- Supports Ethernet speeds of 1G-25G and CPRI line rates option 1-10
- Low Latency
- Configurable for many operating modes and speeds
- Modular design
The IP Core can be delivered in Source code or Encrypted format. The following deliverables will be provided with the IP Core license:
- Solid documentation, including User Manual and Release Note.
- Simulation Environment, including Simple Testbed, Test case, Test Script.
- Timing Constraints in Synopsys SDC format.
- Access to support system and direct support from Comcores Engineers.
- Synopsys Lint and CDC (optional)
What Comcores IP will do for you
Solid process and predictability
First in bringing out new solutions
Tremendous investments in research
Long-term experience in communication protocols
Expert in executing digital design projects
Comcores TSN technology and 5G communication expertise to be deployed in a significant EU funded project with pan-European partners
Morten Kofoed Esbjørn - Jan 20, 2023. The OCTAPUS initiative is an EU funded project, which started in September 2022 and is funded until February 2026. OCTAPUS stands for “Optical Circuit switched Time-Sensitive Network (TSN) architecture for highspeed Passive optical networks and next generation Ultra-dynamic & reconfigurable central office environments”, and the goal is to deliver an agile, low-cost and energy efficient Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology framework. OCTAPUS was...
O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec
WHITEPAPER - O-RAN Fronthaul Security using MACsec With 5G being deployed for time-sensitive applications, security is becoming an important consideration. At the same time, Open Radio Access Networks (RAN) are gaining more interest from mobile carriers and governments. Yet, Open RAN networks have serious security challenges, especially in the RAN fronthaul where there are strict timing requirements. This paper proposes MACsec as an efficient data link layer security solution that can assist...
MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications
WHITEPAPER - MACsec for Deterministic Ethernet applications Why MACsec is a compelling security solution for Deterministic Ethernet networks and how Packaged Intellectual Property solutions can accelerate time-to-market for chip developers. Security has long been a top priority in communications networks. However, networks that support time-sensitive applications face challenges in implementing adequate security mechanisms that also meet latency and jitter requirements. This includes networks...